Do you remember where you were on December 31, 1999? Do you remember all of the hype surrounding what to expect from the year 2000? Well, it came and went and now we are now entering a new decade, one that more than ever, calls out to us to come together as a community, country and world. And what better way to call us to action to achieve that goal, is to look to the words of someone whose words speak of inclusion, unity of purpose, and above all, KINDNESS.
The World According to Mr. (Fred) Rogers
• We live in a world in which we need to share responsibility. It’s easy to say, “It’s not my child, not my community, not my world, not my problem.” Then there are those who see the need and respond. I consider those people my heroes.
• Imagine what our real neighborhoods would be like if each of us offered . . . just one kind word to another person.
• In times of stress, the best thing we can do for each other is to listen with our ears and our hearts and to be assured that our questions are just as important as our answers.
• Real strength has to do with helping others.
• There are three ways to ultimate success: The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind.
Happy New Year to our AAUW, Alhambra-San Gabriel branch members, friends and families. I look forward to seeing you at our programs and events in this new year, 2020